A website is one of the most powerful tools any business can have for online marketing. But while designing and redesigning a website, many business owners come to a standstill where they get confused about what exactly will attract their target audience. They find themselves on the fence when it comes to choosing the appropriate color theme, the place where the logo should be placed, and whether to add a video or GIF on the home page.
In the internet world, where already billions of websites are running live and thousands are making their way, business owners have to make sure that their websites should:
- Be easy to use
- Interact with the audience
- Deliver an exceptional User Experience
- Look appealing
- Contain relevant, unique, and informative content
Many businesses approach the best Website design services to create an exceptional web design, usability & user experience.
Although, if you want to take the task your hand, this article will provide you with a jumping-off point by offering the top tips for exceptional web design, usability, and user experience.
Let’s crush this!
Keep Things Simple
Visitors judge a website from its cover, making it necessary for business owners to work on the aesthetics that live up to the hype. But when it comes to engagement, only having a good web design will not do the magic.
Visitors come to your website to find information, product, or service, and unnecessary element interrupts their way, making them bounce off to the competitors.
Design your website from usability and UX viewpoints and keep things simple. The best website development agencies recommend the balance of all elements in different forms, like
- Colors: It’s better to stick to a maximum of five colors (plus or minus two) in your web design.
- Typefaces: The ones you use should be legible. Also, keep the text color minimal and make sure it contrasts with the background color. Don’t go beyond using three different typefaces in three different sizes.
- Graphics: Only go for them when they fulfill some action or perform a function.
Maintain Visual Hierarchy
Arrange the visual elements in a way that the important ones or the ones you want more attention to come first. The goal of delivering a better UX is to push visitors towards a certain action, but the same should feel natural and desirable.
By achieving a good visual hierarchy, you can draw the attention of your visitors to topics or information that prompts action.
Reflexive navigation helps visitors easily find what they are looking for. Design your website in a way that when visitors land on your page, they don’t have to think about where to click next.
The below tips can help you get going with the site’s navigation:
- Keep the structure of the home simple with the primary navigation (menu var) on the top of the page.
- Add navigation in the footer of the site.
- Use breadcrumbs (secondary navigation) on every additional page to continue the navigation trail.
- Add a search bar near the top of the site so visitors can use keywords to search.
- Don’t add multiple navigation options. One is enough.
- Include links within your page content, and the links should indicate where they go.
- Use a basic wireframe map of all the site pages arranged in a pyramid form.
Make sure that the overall look and feel of the entire website are consistent. The background, color schemes, font type & size, and the writing tone should be consistent.
By staying consistent, we don’t emphasize that every page should have the same layout. However, you can go for different layouts that are consistent and make it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for on a page.
More than half of the internet users use mobile phones to initiate their search. Users will leave the site if your website does not work properly on different screen sizes, like smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
In the mobile age, another way to boost user experience is to make your site compatible with all screen sizes and devices used by the global population. Make your site responsive with the help of a Website development agency to reach out to a larger audience.
Also, check your website across different browsers. Make sure it loads quickly and looks identical on all web browsers, be it Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Accessible To All
Make a website that everyone can use. While designing a website, consider who will use the website and make it accessible to the target audience. Accessibility applies to the entire site and includes elements like structure, visuals, content, and page format. You can follow the guidelines developed by the Web Accessibility Initiative and the World Wide Web Consortium, which state:
- Perceivable: Visitors should be aware of the content on the site.
- Operable: The website should be functional in different ways.
- Understandable: Easy to understand content and alerts.
- Robust: The website must perform across different assistive technologies, devices, and browsers.
The website you create must be user-centric, as its purpose will be to attract users and push them through the sales funnel.
Therefore, once the website designing and development part finishes, conduct user testing and collect feedback to modify the website as required.
Several tools are available that can perform the testing, like Website Grader, Crazy Egg, Loop 11, etc.
Go Creating A website That Focuses On Users
Web designing is not a simple task to accomplish. That’s why businesses with little or no knowledge of the respective skill put time and effort into researching the best website design services.
According to Amazon Web Services, 88% of website visitors are less likely to return to a website after a poor experience. So, compromising on delivering an exceptional web design, usability, and experience may make you lag.
The tips above will help you stay ahead in the dynamic digital market and make your online business grow and thrive. We hope that the article gets you started with making an exceptional web design experience.
Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions or doubts.