What Is A Parent Visa?

The parent visa was introduced in 2019 and allows permanent residents and citizens of Australia to sponsor their parents to live here for 3 or 5 consecutive years. With a Parent Visa, parents can fulfill their dream of migrating to Australia. In order to qualify for this visa, parents, spouses, and children must live in Australia as Australian citizens or as eligible or permanent residents of New Zealand and Australian citizens. Applicants who cannot apply for a permanent visa due to not being able to meet their family for a long time may benefit from this visa.

Types Of Parent Visa:

  • Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)
  • Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
  • Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 173) – Temporary
  • Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)- Permanent
  • Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 884)- Temporary
  • Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)- Permanent
  • Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 838)- Onshore
  • Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114)- Offshore
  1. Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804): Applicants for the Australian Aged Parent visa are parents on temporary visas who wish to live permanently in Australia with their children whose citizenship or residency is Australian or New Zealand.
  1. Parent Visa (Subclass 103): Australian citizenship, permanent residency, or eligible New Zealand status can be obtained through the Parent Visa (Subclass 103) which is a permanent visa allowing parents to remain in Australia permanently. When applying for this visa, you can either be in or outside of Australia.
  1. Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 173) – Temporary: Australian citizens, permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens can apply for this visa to live temporarily in Australia.

4. Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)- Permanent: The purpose of this visa is to allow people to live permanently in Australia. An Australian permanent residency visa can be applied for by those who wish to live permanently in the country.

  1. Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 884)- Temporary: Applicants who are parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens who are settled in Australia are eligible for a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa.
  1. Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)- Permanent: The Aged Parent Visa Subclass 864 can be applied for after you have lived in Australia for the past four years on the Subclass 884 visa and wish to settle permanently in the country. For this visa and an age pension in Australia, you must meet age requirements.
  1. Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 838)- Onshore: Those who require financial support from an Australian relative can apply for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 838) to move permanently to Australia.
  1. Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114)- Offshore: For as long as they want, they can stay in Australia on a Visa 114, which allows them to stay indefinitely. As well as being able to work and study, the Australian government also allows them to do other things. An offshore visa allows the applicant to spend time with their loved ones. Additionally, the applicant is permitted to travel to and from Australia for five years with the Subclass 114 visa. 

Processing Time For Parent Visa!

There is an average processing time of 21 to 25 months for partner visa 820, and 13 to 18 months for partner visa 309. If the government contacts you while processing your visa, it may ask for additional documentation or request that you undergo medical exams


You have probably heard about migration lawyers and if you can afford one, you will avoid a lot of stress and nightmares. However, be careful and choose an experienced lawyer. Indeed, the risk is to find a lawyer who is going to ask you to do all the work. Spending so much money only to be told to check the immigration checklist after doing the entire job yourself would be a shame.  You need someone helpful and trustworthy. The objective is to help you administratively, and psychologically and to give you numerous tips to make the process easier. With the help of migration lawyers in Perth, you can receive the best assistance at a reasonable price. 

With Migration Lawyers in Perth, you can get expert visa services regarding family visas as well as all other services. It is a team of experienced lawyers. A lawyer who can provide you with legal solutions. Lawyers who specialize in visas have extensive knowledge of the different categories and are able to evaluate each client’s situation and recommend a visa option for their situation. Once you complete a valid visa file with the company, all the required documents will be prepared for you. The document has been completed. Upon receiving the file, they submit it to the Department of Home Affairs. The entire process will be handled on your behalf and with your assistance. Providing hassle-free immigration services to our clients is their specialty. Over time, they have acquired experience. Client relationship management. Cultures and nationalities from around the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.